November is almost over. This month has definitely taught me alot! Here’s my end of the month review:
- Create a zero-based budget – 100% Success! I don’t think I can ever go back to my old budget. It really helps giving every dollar a job.
- Use a cash envelope system food, eating out, kids, charity, spending money. and myself – 70% Success! I was really good the first half of the month. Having cash vs. credit card curbed our spending tremendously. However, on the second half, I didn’t fill my envelops right away. As a result, I overspent in groceries and struggled to make up for the different the rest of the month.
- Create a weekly meal plan and grocery shop weekly – Fail! I know I should, but I hate doing it. Fun read: Meal Planning is Like Food Prison
- Eat leftovers and try for a zero wasted food – 80% Success Since I overspent on groceries, I have been very vigilant in trying to make sure it lasts.
- Spending fast: buy only needs –Fail – I had 10 days were I brought stuff that I didn’t need.
- Use coupons/discounted gift cards – 50% Success –I did get some good Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
- Buy used or second hand – Fail – I didn’t buy anything used this month.
- Goal: 15 no spending days – 100% Success! Final total – 16 no spending days!
- Get invited somewhere for Thanksgiving – 100% Success Except now I want a new house.
I am so ready for December! How did your month go?