As always, I am excited for renewed motivation that a new month brings. There are a few things I want to accomplish this month before the kids return from my in-laws and start back to school on the 25th of July (yay, year-round schools). Here’s what the plan is:
- Complete a pantry challenge and spend $450 only on food expenses– Since much of the month will be mostly just two of us at home, our food bill should be drastically reduce if I clean out the pantry and not eat out a lot.
- Declutter and organize the entire house – Ignoring the KonMari method for a bit, I plan to tackle the clutter and mess in each room/area. I have identified 13 areas and I hope to work on one a day. Having the kids gone should help make this goal manageable.
- List out 6-month goals and develop plans to start working toward it – Currently I have been doing monthly goals and then there’s the 6 year goal of paying off the mortgage. I feel that I need some additional goals to stay focused and productive.
- Create a daily routine – Since I will be working more and the kids are in different activities this fall, I need to rethink our daily schedule to optimize our time.
- Start exercising again to be measured by losing 5 lbs – Make a decision about reactivating my gym membership or come up with a strategy to ensure I am staying healthy.
That should make for a great month! Happy July everyone!