What a terrible month this turned out to be! Well, terrible in the sense that its May 31st and I feel like I took several steps backwards. I had high hopes for this month that went unfulfilled. As the month progressed, I felt less and less like a confident CFO or even COO of our home. Life happens, right? Anyways, lets review the goals for the month and breakdown what happened:
- Challenge every expense – 10% Success. This turned out to be more like “examine every expense”. I did reduce or eliminate a few, but I sort of lost motivation once my husband questioned my notion of paying off the home in 4 years. Basically many of our expenses are on pause while I figure things out.
- No fast food drive thru purchases – 0% Success. Yeah, this was a bust! We got busy with end of year events and I found myself resorting back to the crap drive thru food.
- Complete a one week vegan challenge with my sister to inspire me to create more meals the whole family will enjoy – 0% Success. I lasted 2 days, but stopped when I was feeling weak and realized overall I wasn’t eating well. We also found out that my son is no longer allergic to beef, so we have been adding that to his diet.
- Declutter sentimental ideas including photos, children’s art work and other childhood memorabilia. – 50% Success – I sorted all of the photos and created some great memory boxes. So much more needs to be done!
- Remove my email from at least 10 distribution lists – 100% Success! This has been amazing. Every time an email came in, I asked myself if I really needed to receive this email. If I didn’t, I hit the unsubscribe button. I probably removed myself from over 25 lists. It has been super amazing to have less distractions in my life!
So, maybe it was not as bad as I first thought. Either way, I plan to make June better!