For the next 30 days, I will start designing a simpler life. A few weeks ago, I started following a blog called No Side Bar. Since I completed Marie Kondo’s suggest of describing the lifestyle that I want, I have been wondering what it will take to achieve it. I was/am skeptical that tidying my home will automatically contribute to lifestyle changes. With the layoff scare my husband had, I have an overwhelming urge to create a better lifestyle for my family that could withstand a such a change.
I happened up on the No Side Bar community and was immediately draw in when I read “Every day, more stuff comes into our lives: stuff in our houses, stuff on our calendars, stuff on our minds. All that stuff gets in the way of where we really want to go and who we really want to be…It’s time to get rid of the excess and focus on the essentials. It’s time for the clarity and peace of mind that come from paring down.”
With this in mind, here are the goals:
- Challenge every expense – I plan to go through each line item on my budget to see if I can reduce or eliminate it.
- No fast food drive thru purchases – I buy fast food when I am too busy to cook, running from one activity to another or when I am exhausted. This should also help with the budget since our eating out is out of control.
- Complete a one week vegan challenge with my sister to inspire me to create more meals the whole family will enjoy.
- Declutter sentimental ideas including photos, children’s art work and other childhood memorabilia.
- Remove my email from at least 10 distribution lists – So many emails trying to get me to buy some thing! It needs to stop!
I am excited to end the month of May hopefully with less expenses, less clutter and more free time!