It has been a difficult week in our household. I’ve attempted to blog some but my writing either was full of fake cheerfulness or depressing truths. Honestly I am feeling very unsettled. Issues like my son’s health and my daughter’s dyslexia seem like insurmountable challenges in the face of my husband’s job insecurity. Typically I can handle what life throws at me. Currently I just want to find a hole to retreat. See what I mean about depressing?
Several days ago, I finally realized that it’s not healthy to keep all my emotions inside. So I did a brain dump – I made a list of all the things that were currently upsetting me. There was a whole page full. Highlights:
- My husband’s job and our future financial outlook (well, no surprise there)
- My daughter’s dyslexia. I had her reassessed after a year and 1/2 of tutoring and she definitely isn’t close to where she needs to be at all.
- My son’s health. We are blessed that he doesn’t have any life threatening illnesses. However I really want him to be a better place health wise.
There have been some good along with the bad.
- My husband still has his job to date.
- This blog received an award! Thank you Dames in Debt! It truly made my day. (I’ll post more when I am in a better space)
- I am reevaluating what is important in my life.
- I found and used a 2 year old gift card to get a massage! Heavenly!! Thank you mother-in-law.
- I am more determined than ever to kill the mortgage and be truly debt free.
Life will go on!