What a crazy month! Can we say complete failure? In the beginning of the month, I set a few goals. Here’s how I did:
- Have a budget meeting with the hubby. Fail! I tried somewhat but it just didn’t happen with the kids on spring break and his parents visiting.
- Increase contributions to his 401k by at least 1%. Fail! That was supposed to be an outcome of the budget meeting that didn’t occur.
- Declutter my daughter’s bedroom closet. 25% success! I did move some boxes around and donate a few items. But the majority of it is still there.
- Stay on budget! Fail! Fail! Fail!
Midway through the month, I decided to add some more goals which I named the “Stop Buying Stuff” Challenge. I declared that I wouldn’t buy anything I already had in my house or didn’t need such as clothes, hair products, makeup or books. Well, here’s a list of all the things I brought that I definitely didn’t need:
- Earrings for my daughter
- Outfit for my daughter’s American Girl Doll – how cute and expensive is this?!
- New hair dryer – (our old one started having issues, but it is still usable)
- Hair accessories for my daughter
- Scarf holder
So, what did we learn? To be honest, half the time I forgot about my challenge and goals. Only when I was purchasing the scarf holder did I turn to my daughter and say, “Should I buy this? Or just get rid of some of my scarves?” Her answer was of course, buy the holder and buy more scarves! Have a created a shopaholic mini-me? (Side note: Its interesting that more than half of the purchases were for my daughter.) I think I need clearer goals going into April! Tomorrow I plan to post some new goals for the month of April. Stay tuned!