It’s been over six months since I created a list of 100 dreams. I recently reviewed the list and was surprised to see which ones I had completed, the progress I made on some, and how I have shifted away from some goals.
7. Take children to see Lion King the Musical – It was as fantastic as I remembered it. Yes, it was a bit pricey, and my husband still laments about the money we spent and brags about how much we saved by him opting out. However, I had such an amazing time and do not regret it at all! The afternoon brought me so much joy.
9. Take a mother/daughter trip – My daughter and I headed to the beautiful Newport Beach for a quick weekend getaway. I had a companion pass for her and earned 15K points for staying at the Balboa Inn. Unfortunately, a loud party disturbed our sleep the final night, and calls to the front desk did little to pipe down the yelling and cursing of the young adults. Of course, I politely let them know about the issue the next morning and was given a discount. Otherwise, it was the perfect mother/daughter adventure and continues to rate as one the best experiences when I ask my daughter about her memories from the year.
54. Become an Assistant Director – I was finally promoted which I am viewing as my last major promotion until I retire. Somedays I regret asking for more work, but having the extra money and authority has really been worth it. The role itself has been a natural extension of what I already was doing – now I actually get compensated better for it!
Actively Working On/In Progress
5. Have daughter earn her Gold Award & 6. Have son earn his Eagle Scout – Progress is very slow on these two, but we are spending a few hours a month working toward this. My daughter’s project proposal was summited at the beginning of this month and my son will hopefully make his tenderfoot rank (2 of 6 to Eagle) within the next two months.
49. Sell 1000 copies of my self-published book – So far, I have sold 90 books. We have a long way to go, but we will get there.
94. Travel to South Africa – I booked a trip for next summer and am on a payment plan! I am so excited.
Probably Will Not Do and Will Replace
44. Complete Google project manager certificate – I completed 5 out of 6 courses towards this certificate, but I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it anymore. I have until end of January to do the final course. We shall see.
So there you have it. It feels really good that I am actually living even when in the day-to-day, I feel like I am strictly on survival mode. My plan was to check back in each month to stay motivated and review my progress. Maybe I will see you again in a month.